Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Snow Day Progress Report

It has snowed here in the sunny south.  Reports started off with a trace of snow.  Last report received this morning 3-6" of the whiteness.


While on vacation in Illinois, I stopped by Chuck's Depot in Marion, Illinois on our way home.  I found he had a N Scale Tug Boat and Coal Barge.  I'm not to keen on barge, but the tug boat would definitely work.  I want to create a river barge dock for the Peabody Coal Company on the layout.  The kit is by BlueJacket.  Here are some photos:


I plan on scratchbuilding a couple of barges for coal that are longer.



This is what I'm shooting for.  My wife's cousins work/family owns Canton Marine Towing out of Quincy, Illinois.  


I was hoping to get more accomplished today, but work had other ideas.



No comments:

Post a Comment